Brother Project Runway PC420PRW 294-Stitch Professional Grade Computerized Sewing Machine with 3 Built-In Lettering Styles, and Carrying Case- Your Best Bet.
In a world where technology continuously evolves and makes our lives easier, the classics rarely die out. Take sewing for example, people still use the old-fashioned needle and thread to sew, others use the human powered sewing machines. In the quest to improve quality and the quantity, various companies have tossed themselves in the race of improving upon the classical sewing machine. An example of such a company is the Brother Company- known for its wide-ranging line of Brother sewing machine products.
Created to ensure flawless design, the Brother Project Runway PC420PRW 294 is an example of computerized sewing machines that continue to astound us with their remarkable efficiency all the while never compromising on the quality. If you have seen Project Runway then you know that fashion design is nothing to fool around with especially when it comes to the end product, the clothes. The stitching must be precise and hemming must be on point lest the whole clothing ensemble falls apart. This is where a reliable machine is needed and Brother have stepped to the plate and provided it to us.
What to expect?
If you are looking for a Brother sewing machine that can tell you the precise number of stitches that have gone into your fabric or if you want to customize your patterns then this machine is your ideal choice. In essence, this machine is answer for the modern day seamstress or tailor who wants high quality work in record time.
What to expect
If you are looking to buy a Brother sewing machine online, then look at this on Amazon.com where it retails for $369 and it comes with a lifetime of call support and a warranty.
Below are some of the features that you will find in sewing machine from Brother and that you can use to make your work immaculate.
- A backlit LCD Display allows you to view several things including settings, length and width of the stitch and the type of presser foot for the chosen stitch pattern.
- It has an automatic threading option meaning there is no fiddling trying to locate the eye of the needle. A needle positioning system that allows you to place the needle in any positon of your choosing.
- 50 stitch reference that allows you to select the stitch that you use on the fabric that you are working on.
- A multilingual screen that allows you to work in language of your choosing.
- A custom stitch feature that allows you to stitch it any way you please.
- Adjustable speed control that lets you take control over the speed of operation.
- A 6-point feed dog system helps you sew on several types of fabrics and achieve well-finished stitches.
- A built in thread cutter that cuts thread as soon as the task is done.
- It has an easy bobbin winding system that make for easy threading.
- Twin needle function that allows you to stitch two parallel ends.
- A knee lifter that allows you to free your hands and work comfortably.
Who is it for?
Brother Project Runway PC420PRW 294 is ideal for any serious seamstress or tailor as it allows them to churn out quality work. In terms of experience, it is ideal for people who are looking to learn sewing or are already experts. For newbies, it has an instructional video that allows one to learn as quickly as possible so that they can get started. The customizable stitching button allows experts to use it conveniently to add zest to their creation.
Pros and Cons
As a machine, it is easy to see all the good things and be blind to its shortcomings. However, as a buyer you want a full picture before you buy it and hence below are some of the pros and cons that come with using this machine.
The first advantage is that it is one of the affordable Project Runway sewing machines that is pure value for your money. Secondly, the machine allows for quick and flawless stitching so that you get work done on time. The speed control is the best part of this machine, and you will feel like as though the machine wants you to slow it down, as it understands that you are working on something intricate. Another good point is that it is easy to learn and program. Also, the knee-lift feature allows you to keep your hands free so that you can work conveniently. All the other features are in essence intended to ensure that you produce high quality work.
For the downside, there is only one and that is the machine cannot work with a rating no more than 120V even with an adapter attached.
If you are looking for a project runway sewing machine that will get your stitches done in record time, then this is it. Every tailor needs the perfect machine in their arsenal and having this Brother Project Runway PC420PRW 294 model is the best bet you can ever make for a fraction of the cost.